HP Printers are undoubtedly very reliable and most demanding machinery devices allowing users to very conveniently print documents or photos. Although, the printers manufactured by HP are the ease-of-use, affordable, and perfect finish for home or office premises. Therefore, owning an HP printer has countless benefits as well as effectiveness, while, like any other technical device, printers are also having loads of minor or major printing problems which generally can’t be handled by non-tech users. However, don’t be upset anymore as many common printer problems have easy and effectual solutions. You will learn the suitable quick HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide in this article. So, the only thing it is required to do is to give a glance on the below-noted information. That will lend you a hand to instantly resolve the problem whatever you are experiencing while printing.
HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide For The Following Problems
- Paper Jamming issue
- Faulty or missing printer driver
- Loose Connections
- HP Printer Showing “Offline” while printing
- Printed page is faded problem
- Toner smears problem
- Low/empty ink cartridge issue
- Printer won’t print problem
So, there are sorts of printer problems can occur all of sudden when you print with HP Printer. Luckily, there is quick and easy fixing ways to solve those problems. Therefore, there is no need to get disappointed when you confront any kind of printer problems. In the below we have described in detail. Look at them and follow in an accurate manner.
Fruitful HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide For Major Printer Problems
In order to effectively troubleshoot the HP printer problems, we have enumerated some beneficial tips and techniques. By following the given instructed points you will surely be able to eradicate all your HP printer problems doesn’t matter they are tricky or nasty. Let’s start following the beneath guidelines:
1. Make Sure HP Printer Is Stable at “Set as Default Printer”
It is quite essential to give the right command to your printer so that you can print anything without any obstacles. But when you face any technical glitches while printing, then this might mean that your HP Printer is not set as ‘Default Printer’. Therefore give a check on that at once and if really your HP Printer is not set as the default printer, set it following these HP Printer Troubleshooting steps:
- From the Windows Search bar, open the ‘Run’ dialogue box and then after simply type ‘Control Panel’ in the required field.
- Once the control panel has been opened, you have to thereafter select the ‘Devices and Printers’ tab.
- Now, on the next Window screen, choose the HP printer option and give a right-tap on it. Then, select ‘set as default printer and continue to the next procedure.
- After following the above-instructed lines if you see a green tick, just below your printer icon, then luckily your HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide is worked. Your printer is finally equipped as a ‘Default Printer’.
If you are yet facing printer problems, move to the next solving guide.
2. Update Faulty or Out-Of-Date Printer Drivers
In case your HP printer is printing blank pages, or if you encounter any other printer errors, the best solution is to update or reinstall the driver installed against your printer. Following are the perspective, guidance for fixing this issue:
- First open Windows Search bar on the computer screen and type ‘Run’ to invoke the run dialog box.
- Now type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the search field as displayed on the screen and press ‘OK’ tab.
- On the next Window screen, “Windows device manager” will open
- Now expand the category of “print queues” by double tapping on it.
- Next, give right instant click on the listed printer name under this category and click on ‘Update Driver’ from the menu.
- At the end, you have to wait for the update download to finish and then follow the instructions prompted on the screen.
Once the printer driver has upgraded, you won’t face any printing problems. But unfortunately, the problems are yet continuing during printing function, jump to the next fixing guide.
3. Check HP Print Spooler And Fix the Problem
Print spooler helps the Windows system to get effort-freely communicated with the printer & hassle-freely manage the print jobs stuck in the queue. When the printer is not able to take any of your print commands just because of the print job being stuck in the queue, then an error message saying ‘printer spooler error’ will appear on the screen. To rectify this error, go through the below instructions appropriately:
- First and foremost, close all the program such as word or any other that are opened on Windows desktop to print from your printer.
- Now, go to the “Start” button, then type ’Administrative Tools’ into the search field and then click ‘Services’ tab.
- Afterward, scroll down the list to reach to the ‘Print Spooler’ option. Once you see this, place a right click on it and then select ‘Stop’ button.
- Thereafter go to ‘My Computer’ option & double-click the ‘Local Disk (C:) drive’, then select the ‘Windows’ folder.
- ‘System32’ folder> ‘spool’>’Printers’
- Then, clear all the print jobs in this folder.
- Go back to ‘Services’ tab and Search for ‘Print Spooler’ then right click on it. Now, choose “Start” option.
- At the end, try printing a test page as restarting the spooler might have just solved your HP Printer Problem.
Go ahead with the next HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide if anything yet disturbs you while you print with your HP Printer.
4. Clear The Earlier Print Command Traffic
Several times printer stops taking Print command to print due to queue of previous print commands. Therefore, whenever you are unable to print nothing have to do despite clearing the previous stuck commands and then re-command the printer again. Follow the noted-points only:
- First give a single tap on the “Start” button to open the Control Panel section.
- Then, tap on ‘Device And Printers’ tab.
- Afterward, place a right click on HP printer icon and then select ‘What’s printing’ option.
- Now to delete the previous print command queue, open the ‘printer’ menu and select ‘cancel all documents’ tab.
- Click ‘Yes’ to confirm. Now you can print a test page to check whether your problem has resolved or yet exists.
5. Check The Basic Connection
Sometimes, your printer may not print because of a loose connection setup between your printer and computer system. That’s why; we are highly recommended you all to check out the connection first. Here is what you have to do:
- First, unplug the power cord from Printer machine and unplug the Power cable as well of your computer. Wait for a couple of second and carefully plug-in back the power cord of your HP printer and turn on the computer.
- Now print a test page. Using these basic troubleshooting steps you can resolve HP printer connection problem soon.
Give 24/7 Online Access To 123.Hp.Com/Setup For Instant Solution
We are just hoping that the aforementioned HP Printer Troubleshooting Guide help you out in diagnosing your minor or major HP printer problems. However, if you still experience any issues, then feel free to visit our 24×7 online 123.Hp.Com/Setup site to get handy solution at the doorstep. For any further quality assistance, we are always ready to serve you. So, you can also contact us via helpline number. We are talented enough and highly expert in dealing with all kind of printer problems.