HP printer offers high-quality printouts at a lower cost, making it one of the top-selling printer worldwide. However, after buying your favorite HP printer, the first step you need to do is HP wireless printer setup, which connects your printer to the computer over a wireless network. Once you do it, after that, you can use the features like Apple AirPrint, print anywhere, and HP ePrint.
The wireless HP printers facilitate you in several ways, such as you don’t have to be in close proximity while printing. The setup process is pretty simple compared to wired printers, and you need not handle the cables all the time. If you have also bought a wireless HP printer and finding steps to install it at your workstation, then you have landed on the right web page. This guide covers all the steps beginning with unpacking until getting your first printout. So let’s get started.
Prerequisites for HP wireless printer setup (All Models)
- Firstly, unpack your printer and keep it in a clean place.
- Now remove all the peripherals like power cord, user manual, ink cartridges, HP instant ink card.
- Remove all the tapes and adhesives from your printer.
- Ensure to keep your printer near the WiFi router for better connectivity.
- Connect the power cord in your printer and another end to the wall socket.
- Now set the printer preferences, choose the country, date, time, and language of your choice. Click yes to confirm.
Install ink cartridges in HP wireless printer and print a test page
- After completing the basic settings, now you’ll have to install the ink cartridges.
- Make sure to open the cartridge packing only at the time of installing it in your printer.
- Open the printer cartridge access door and insert the cartridges one by one in their respective slots.
- Also, insert the paper stack in the printer tray and push the feeder tray inside the printer.
- Your wireless HP printer will take a few seconds to align the printhead and print test page.
How to perform HP wireless printer setup?
In several ways, you can set up the wireless connection on your HP printer. The following are the possible ways through which you can connect your HP printer to a computer or any device over a wireless network. Choose the method that suits your HP printer model.
Method 1. Use HP Auto wireless connect
This is the fastest way to connect your HP printer to the wireless network. However, it doesn’t go well with all the HP printer models. If your printer is compatible with auto wireless connected, you can use the steps given below.
- Firstly visit the website 123.hp.com/setup to download the printer drivers.
- Now, under the identify my printer section, type your printer model, and click submit.
- Click to download drivers under and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the downloading process.
- Choose the network connection type as ethernet/wireless when the system asks.
- Also, you will have to select “yes, send my wireless settings to the printer.”
- Once you completed the steps, your printer will establish a connection with the network and ready to deliver the printouts.
- Can’t connect your printer to the wireless network? Head over to the next section and use WiFi protected setup.
Method 2. Setup your wireless printer using WiFi protected setup (WPS)
To use the WiFi-protected setup method, your router should have a physical WPS button. Here are the steps through which you can use the WPS push button for HP wireless printer setup.
- Firstly, turn on your printer and click settings on the touch control panel.
- Now click the network setup on the screen.
- Select the wireless settings.
- Now click the wireless protected setup.
- Choose the option push button.
- Within the next two minutes, press the WPS button on your router.
Method 3. Use the wireless setup wizard to establish the wireless printer network
This is a straightforward method, and it can be used with any HP printer model with a touch Control Panel. Follow the steps given below for a detailed description.
- Ensure that you have placed your wireless HP printer away from any other electronic device.
- Press the power button on your printer and turn it on.
- Wait until your printer is ready after the initial setup.
- Press the right arrow key and select set up.
- Now choose the option network and then click over the wireless setup wizard.
- The network (SSID) list will appear on the touch panel; select yours to initiate the wireless printer & WiFi connection.
- If you cannot find your network name, then manually enter the network SSID name at the bottom of the list.
- Now enter the password and click done.
- Once the setup completes, click ok to confirm, and you can also print a self-test page to check the HP wireless printer setup status.
Get in touch with HP printer experts
These three methods will help you establish the HP printer wireless setup. After completing the steps, you don’t have to wait for anything else, and you can begin printing immediately. If you still face any challenge for the HP Printer Setup with a wireless network, then you can get in touch with the HP support engineers. We are available 24/7 to help you overcome any problem.